We’re a local affiliate of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, serving Rockdale & Newton Counties, GA. Our email is RockdaleNewtonNAMI@gmail.com or call 678-314-1017.
Family support groups:
First Monday, 7:00 pm at Epiphany Lutheran Church in Conyers
First Thursday, 7:00 pm at Salem United Methodist Church in Covington
Third Monday, 7:00 pm at First Presbyterian Church of Covington
Community Action Meetings:
March 25: Community Action Meeting on Rockdale Mental Health Courts. NAMI is hosting the first community action meeting of the year for Rockdale/Newton. More than 30 people have signed up already! It will be at Epiphany Lutheran Church from 6:30-8:00 pm. A light dinner will be provided. Details and Registration HERE.
The topic is “The Intersection of Mental Health, Substance Abuse & the Criminal Justice System: Juvenile & Adult Accountability Courts.” The Georgia Accountability Court Program is one of several significant criminal justice reform initiatives established to provide effective alternatives to sentencing for nonviolent offenders and to reduce the state’s prison population. It is a collaborative court based approach to address the underlying needs of its participants. Panelists will include:
- Judge Robert Mumford, Rockdale Superior Court, Resource Court and Drug Court Judge
- Brenda Ernest, LMSW, Viewpoint Health
- Judge Maureen Wood, Rockdale Juvenile Court; Resource Court, Drug Court, and Family Treatment Court Judge
- Tiffany Collier, Rockdale Juvenile Court, Family Treatment Court Coordinator
- Moderated by Mary-Lou Snow, Rockdale County Resource Court Coordinator
Join us on March 25, 6:30 pm. Details and Registration HERE.
We are making plans for two other Community Action Meetings. These meetings are typically structured around a dinner, a panel discussion, and opportunities to consider what we can do in our community:
- Mental Health in Faith Communities, Epiphany Lutheran Church, April 29
- Special Needs Trusts & Financial Planning, TBD
Community action meetings and education events for general audiences. For more information about resources for people living with mental illness or their families, email us at RockdaleNewtonNAMI@gmail.com or call 678-314-1017.
Georgia Crisis and Access Line 24/7
NAMI Georgia State Office